Sean Anderson (born March 25, 1988), better known by his stage
name Big Sean, is an American rapper. He was born in Santa Monica,
California but was raised in Detroit. Big Sean signed with Kanye
West's GOOD Music in 2007, and then in 2008 signed with Def Jam
Recordings through his label Finally Famous.
Born in Santa Monica, California, Anderson grew up in Southwest
Detroit and was raised by his mother and grandparents. He attended
Detroit Waldorf School and graduated from Cass Technical High School.
In his later years in high school, Sean gained a valuable relationship
with Detroit hip hop station WHTD; he would show his rhyming skills
on a weekly basis as part of a rap battle contest held by the station.
 Music career
In 2005, Kanye West was doing a radio interview at 102.7 FM. Hearing
about this, Sean headed over to the station to meet West and perform
some free-style. Initially Kanye was reluctant to hear the emcee,
however he gave Sean 16 bars to rap for him, eventually according
to Big Sean "As we get to the entrance of the radio station
... we stopped in the middle of the doorway. He starts looking at
me and bobbing his head,". He left a demo-tape as well. Two
years later, West finally signed Big Sean to GOOD Music.
 Mixtapes (2007-2010)
On September 31, 2007, Big Sean released his first official mixtape
Finally Famous: The Mixtape. His hit single, "Get'cha Some",
produced by WrighTrax, attained media attention and led to articles
in The Source and the Detroit Metro Times. He also recorded a music
video for "Get'cha Some", which was directed by Hype Williams.
Sean released a second mixtape hosted by Mick Boogie on April 16,
2009, called UKNOWBIGSEAN. It featured the songs "Million Dollars", "Get'cha
Some" and "Desire, Want, Need". This mixtape includes
Sean released a third mixtape hosted by Don Cannon on August 31,
2010 called Finally Famous Vol. 3: BIG. Features include Bun B, Chip
Tha Ripper, Curren$y, SAYITAINTTONE, Tyga, Drake, Mike Posner, Suai,
Chuck Inglish, Asher Roth, Dom Kennedy, Boldy James, and Chiddy Bang.
The mixtape includes 20 tracks.
 Finally Famous (2010-present)
It will be Sean's debut album has been rumored to include features
from Pharrell Williams, Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, Game,
Chiddy Bang, Pusha T of Clipse, Drake, Malak, Tyga and Mike Posner
with production from Kanye West, Malak, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Posner,
No I.D., The Olympicks, Tricky Stewart, Chiddy Bang member Xaphoon
Jones and The Neptunes. An unauthorized leak of his
collaboration with Drake, called "Made" made its way to
the net on April 30, 2010. In an interview with TheHipHopUpdate.com
on May 1, Big Sean expressed his disappointment over the leak, calling
it an unfinished version both musically and verse wise. Big Sean's
official Facebook page confirmed that his debut album Finally Famous & Consequence's
Cons TV would be released on September 14, 2010. On the 31st of August,
Big Sean tweeted that the album was not coming out on that day, but
it would still be coming out sometime in 2011. In a recent interview
on Conspiracy Worldwide Radio, he discussed the role Kanye West and
No I.D. have had in the development of the album's sonic direction
as well as the challenges of being inside the studio with West.
The album's lead single "My Last" , features vocals from
Chris Brown and is produced by No I.D.. Big Sean has finally
been granted a release date for his debut album 'Finally Famous,'
which is now scheduled to arrive in stores on June 21 2011.
 Style and clothing
In late October 2008, Big Sean was featured in The Source and headlined
the "Style" section of the magazine. In the article
Sean talks about his own personal style and states that his favorite
clothing brands are 10. Deep, Billionaire Boys Club, and Bape. Big
Sean also posed in the Winter 2008 Billionaire Boys Club lookbook.
Big Sean is also a consistent representative of Ti$A clothing and
hats, along with Chris Brown and Tyga. Ti$A is a vintage company
run by fellow G.O.O.D Music recording artist Taz Arnold. Big Sean
also goes to a small store in Royal Oak, Michigan called, "Burn
Rubber". This store offers many styles of clothing which he
wears. Big Sean is also a follower of the Rosewood clothing style.
He also wears apparel from "Al Dente" clothing, 'Ambush
POW' Rings and chains which he wears in a lot of his music videos.
 Studio albums
* 2011: Finally Famous: The Album
Big Sean singles and peak chart positions Title Year Peak chart positions
US US R&B US Rap
What U Doin?" 2010 — — — Finally Famous: The
(featuring Chris Brown) 2011 72 24 10
* Chip tha Ripper - Fat Raps ft Curren$y & Big Sean
* Chris Brown - Shit Got Damn ft Big Sean
* Chris Brown - Glitter ft Big Sean
* Chris Brown - Paper, Scissors, Rock ft. Big Sean & Timbaland
* Chris Brown - What U Doin ft Big Sean
* French Montana - We On ft Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa & Nipsey Hussle
* Fly Union - Poe'd Up ft. Big Sean
* Kanye West - Paranoid Remix ft Big Sean, Kid Cudi & Mr Hudson
* Kanye West - Looking For Trouble ft Big Sean, Pusha T, J. Cole & CyHi
* Kanye West - See Me Now ft Big Sean, Beyonce & Charlie Wilson
* Kanye West - Good Friday ft. Common, Pusha T, Kid Cudi, Big Sean & Charlie
* Kanye West - Don't Look Down ft Mos Def, Big Sean & Lupe Fiasco
* Kanye West - All of the Lights (Remix) ft Lil Wayne, Drake, & Big Sean
Khalil - Goodie Goodie FT . Big Sean * Malik Yusef - V.E.R.S.E (Very
Entertaining Recitals Spit Effortlessly) (featuring Big Sean, Anna
* Mario - Before She Said Hi ft Big Sean
* Mike Posner - Cooler than Me ft Big Sean
* Mike Posner - Speed of Sound ft Big Sean
* Mike Posner - Bring Me Down ft Big Sean & Freddie Gibbs
* Mike Posner - "Smoke and Drive ft Big Sean"
* Royce da 5'9 - My Own Planet ft Big Sean
* Teriyaki Boyz - Teriyaking ft Kanye West & Big Sean
* Tommy Lee - I'm A Loser ft Lil Wayne, Joell Ortiz, Sparkdawg, Big Sean, J-Son & Sum
* Wale - Wonder Why ft Big Sean, Kenn Star & Mike Posner
* Wiz Khalifa - GangBang ft Big Sean
* Wiz Khalifa - Phone Numbers ft Big Sean & Trae Tha Truth
* YG - In The Morning ft Big Krit, Big Sean & Ty$
* Travis Porter - Dem Girls ft Big Sean